My life reflects my work. My beginnings and my education in classical surroundings. My relocation and evolution.As a student of art in Spain and Greece, I learned the basics of drawing and painting: light, colour, composition: tradition. But my vision changed when I moved to the Netherlands, where I faced artistic movements that made me rethink how to represent reality.
I abandoned reality in my paintings and apply the gained knowledge to create my personal world. I situate abstraction in a geometric space and provide room to a free and exuberant explosion of colour. The backgrounds claim a prominent role and become part of the creation. The colour reaches prominence and opens for me new possibilities for creation. In a pure state I create: playing with layers of materials, colours and shades. Every stroke converts in an exploration with which it reaches forms and sensations. The colourful compostion becomes the owner of my work and converts to a personal trademark.
· Cultuurnacht Breda, January 26, 2019. Paintings.
· Cultureel Centrum de Schakel, Rijen. February 18 - April 12, 2019. Paintings.
· Ketjapfabriek, Vught. March - May 2019. Paintings.
· 2018, KunstRAI, Amsterdam. Paintings.
· 2018, Evita Bella. Group exposition paintings.
· 2018, Keizervrouwen. TV series recordings. Paintings.
· 2018, Showcase, Gallery Bob Smit, Rotterdam. Paintings.
· 2018, Zeberg fine art, Antwerp. Paintings.
· 2018, Gallery Pol38, Breda. Paintings.
· 2018, Grand Theatre, Breda. Solo exposition paintings.
· 2018, Cultuurnacht Breda. Paintings.
· Gallery Pol 38
· Grand Theatre
· 2017, Bob Smit Gallery, Rotterdam. Group exposition paintings.
· 2017, Field of Dreams Showcase, Rotterdam. Solo exposition paintings.
· 2017, Zeberg fine art, Antwerp. Paintings.
· 2017, Gallery Pol38, Breda. Paintings.
· 2017, Op Hodenpijl, Schipluiden. Solo exposition paintings.
· 2016, Dock Art Gallery, Rotterdam. Paintings.
· 2016, Zeberg fine art, Antwerp. Paintings.
· 2015, ArtAttack, Rotterdam. Paintings.
· 2014, ArtAttack, Rotterdam. Paintings.
· Hispano 20, Gallery, Seville. Paintings.
· City Hall "Casa de las Columnas", Seville. Paintings and drawings.
· Hispano-Americano Institute, Seville. Drawings.
· Painting exhibition hall Dos Hermanas, Seville. Paintings.
· Fine Arts Gallery, Seville. Ornamental works.· French consulate, friends of Barrio Santa Cruz, Seville. Paintings.
· Bob Smit gallery & concepts, Kortgene, the Netherlands.
· Private collection. Hispano 20, banco Central Hispano.
· Printmaking assistent teacher, Fine Art. University of Seville.
· Technical drawing assistant teacher, High School Maria Teresa Leon. Technical department, University of Seville.
If you want to know more about my work, please contact me.
+ 31 627472335
Bob Smit - Art consultant & curator
4484 CA Kortgene
+ 31 624876594